Dash Cam Troubleshooting
Viofo have helpfully put together some common troubleshooting issues with the installation, removal, and use of dash cameras. We have compiled this list of FAQs to ensure your purchase, set up and installation is as smooth as possible.
We have listed a variety of FAQs with some of the most common troubleshooting issues to make your purchase stress free. Should you have any issues, please read the below FAQs.
Alternatively, if your query has not been answered below, please get in touch. The Viofo team are dedicated to providing innovative, reliable and customer-oriented service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won't my dash cam turn on?
There are a few reasons why your dashcam might not be turning on. One possibility is that the camera is not plugged in securely.
Another possibility is that the battery in the camera is dead. If the battery is dead, you can try charging it for a while to see if that fixes the problem. If neither of those things fixes the problem, then it’s possible that there’s something wrong with the camera and you might need to get it repaired or replaced.
Read our blog here for a full list of reasons and solutions.
How to know if dash cam is recording?
Dash cams typically have a recording indicator light that will let you know when the camera is recording. This light is usually red, although it may be different colours on different dash cam models. If you see a red light while your car is turned on, that means the dash cam is recording.
Some dash cams also make a beeping sound when they start and stop recording, so you can also listen for that. If the display is off, that’s also normally an indication that the device is not recording.
How to make dash cam always on?
There are numerous ways to make sure your dash cam is always on. One way is to hardwire it into your vehicle’s electrical system. This can be done by connecting the positive and negative wires to the corresponding terminals in your car.
Another way is to use a battery pack or other power source that will keep the camera powered on even when your car’s engine is off. You can also buy dash cams that come with their own built-in batteries, which will need to be charged periodically. Whichever method you choose, making sure your dash cam is always on will help you capture important footage in the event of an accident or other incident.
HOW TO REMOVE DASH CAM ADHESIVE MOUNT?
If you need to remove your dashcam’s adhesive mount, there are a few things you can do. First, try using a hairdryer to heat up the adhesive.
This will make it easier to peel off. If that doesn’t work, you can also try using a putty knife or other thin, sharp object to gently pry the mount off. Finally, if all else fails, you can always use Goo Gone or another adhesive remover. Apply it to a cotton ball or pad and hold it on the mount for a few minutes before trying to remove it again. Just be careful not to damage your dashcam or car in the process!
How to remove dash cam adhesive from windscreen?
If you have a dashcam installed in your car, you may be wondering how to remove the adhesive from your windscreen. Here are some tips on how to do this without damage to your car:
- Use a razor blade or other sharp object to slowly and carefully scrape off the adhesive.
- If there is any residue left behind, use a glass cleaner or alcohol-based solvent to remove it.
- Make sure you clean the area thoroughly before reapplying the adhesive or installing a new dashcam.
What is red wire for on rear dash cam?
How to delete videos from dash cam?
There are a few ways to delete videos from your dash cam. You can either connect the dash cam to your computer and delete them through the software that came with it, or you can delete them directly from the dash cam itself.
If you want to delete videos from your dash cam using the software that came with it, you’ll need to connect the dash cam to your computer and open up the software. Once it’s open, you’ll be able to see all of the videos on your dash cam. To delete a video, just select it and click “delete.” It will then be removed from your dash cam.
If you want to delete the videos from your dash cam directly, then open the video and tap the three dots in the top right corner. Then tap Delete. To delete all videos at once, open the Settings menu and tap Clear.
HOW TO RECOVER DELETED DASH CAM FOOTAGE?
- Connect your SD card to your computer using a card reader.
- Launch ‘Recoverit’ software (downloadable from the internet)
- On the home screen, select the SD card as the target device you want to scan. (this will be listed under the external tab)
- The software will then scan your device for all its deleted files. It may take a while to complete.
- Go through the search results and select the videos you would like to restore (tap the preview button to check the videos before restoring them).
- Once chosen, click the recover button, and select the location where you would like to recover the files to.
How to stop dash cam interfering with radio?
- Make sure the dashcam is not too close to the car’s radio. Try moving it further away, or try angling it in a different direction.
- Try turning off the dashcam when you’re not using it. This will help reduce interference.
- If all else fails, try getting a dashcam that has a low interference rating.
- Make sure that all of your cables are properly plugged in and that there is no metal between the dashcam and the radio.
How to zoom in on dash cam video?
There are a few ways to zoom in on dashcam video footage. One way is to use the pinch-to-zoom gesture on your touchscreen. Another way is to right-click on the footage and select “Zoom In” from the menu that pops up. A third way is to use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + Plus Sign (+) to zoom in or Ctrl + Minus Sign (-) to zoom out.
HOW TO VIEW DASH CAM FOOTAGE ON IPHONE?
To view dashcam footage on your iPhone, you will need to first download and install the Dashcam Viewer app. Once you have the app installed, launch it and then connect your iPhone to your computer. Next, open the folder on your computer that contains the dashcam footage files. Finally, drag and drop the files into the Dashcam Viewer app window. The footage will automatically play in chronological order.
How to view dash cam footage on mac?
There are a few ways to view dashcam footage on a Mac computer. One way is to use an app called Dashcam Viewer, which is available for download at the Mac App Store. Another way is to import the footage into a video editor such as Final Cut Pro or iMovie, and then view it from there. Finally, if you have an iCloud account, you can also access your dashcam footage from within the Photos app.
How to download dash cam to computer?
In order to download your dashcam footage to your computer, you will need to connect the camera to your computer via USB. Once the connection is made, you will be able to access the footage stored on the camera. Depending on your dashcam model, you may need to use specific software in order to view and download the footage. Please consult your camera’s user manual for more information.
Deal of the Month
A139 Pro 2 channel front & Rear
- First 4K HDR with Sony Starvis 2 Sensor Dashcam
- Front: Sony Starvis 2 Sensor 8MP 1/1.8 IMX678
- Rear: Sony Starvis Sensor 2MP IMX291
- 2 Channel 4K 3840x2160P 30fps + 1080P 30fps
- F1.6 Aperture 7 Elements Glass Lens140°+ 170° Wide Viewing Angle
Until Deal Ends